To be the premier site of research and development for eye care and blindness prevention in Africa, and thereby address the impact of visual impairment and blindness on quality of life.
To develop research capacity and appropriate skills in an effort to eliminate visual impairment and avoidable blindness in Africa, thereby supporting Vision 2020: the Right to Sight's campaign.
To develop research capacity.
To mobilise research resources.
To undertake research.
To support the dissemination of research findings.
To promote South-South and North-South collaboration in support of its mandate.
Provide training in research methods.
Assist Post-Graduate students to become skilled researchers and writers.
Assist authors to communicate effectively and scientifically.
Promote and source resources.
Promote publication of research findings.
Disseminate information via websites, newsletters, reports and publications.
- Provides training in research methods
- Assists post-graduate students to become skilled researchers and writers
- Assists authors to communicate effectively and scientifically
- Promotes, undertakes, and sources resources
- Promotes publication of research findings
- Intends to disseminate information: web site, newsletters and publications